Student Services and Data Manager
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Student Services and Data Manager will provide support to Faculty Co-op Coordinators in the day-to-day workflow and effective operation of the co-op program, assist Coordinators with projects to prepare students and guide co-op employer partners through the hiring process, and manage data reporting and administrative support for a growing fast-paced team.
- Student & Employer Support
- Assist with preparation of co-op class materials; provide support for Blackboard course administration and course enrollment activities.
- Review and comment on student guided inquiries, updating Co-op Coordinators; review status of responses and send reminders as needed.
- Review employer evaluations and student self-assessments of the student co-op work experience.
- Lead and/or assist with organization of co-op related events and on-campus employer interviews.
- Conduct industry research on companies and opportunities that align with the college's job development efforts.
- Data and Operations Support
- Compile and analyze data/information, and develop advanced data reports to evaluate student hiring, events, etc.; create forms and summarize data sets through Google Apps, Microsoft Excel, Tableau and other applications.
- Coordinate efforts to uphold the completeness and integrity of data in various co-op systems; serve as liaison with central co-op technology team.
- Maintain relevant student and co-op databases including Banner, SalesForce and Orbis.
- Develop and administer surveys, update/manage content on co-op websites and LinkedIn group(s).
- Develop communication materials and manage distribution of timelines, reminders, events and surveys for employers and students
- Manage work-study and/or Career Peer programs; effectively delegate projects and ensure completion to meet deadlines.
Bachelor's degree required in a related field. Candidate should have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in an academic or business environment. A high level of proficiency with technology, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills, are expected. Applicant must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and complete tasks for a number of different people. Proven success working both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced and diverse environment is preferred.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/501678
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency