Job Opening ID: 184070
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: School Pub Health
Department: Biostatistics Department
Posting Begin/End Date: 2/11/2020 4/14/2020
Salary: $74,391.00 $91,895.00
Paid Time Off:
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position supports statistical activities for several grants within the department of Biostatistics' Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research (SABER) unit, which is the data coordinating center for several multi-center clinical trials and observational studies. SABER responsibilities involve collaborating with investigators on the design and analysis of clinical trials and observational studies, under the supervision of faculty and staff biostatisticians, depending on level of experience. SABER is housed within the department of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health, rated the top biostatistics program in the country by the National Academies.
The lead statistician will be able to conduct the following activities, independently, with minimal guidance and oversight by faculty and staff biostatisticians. The senior statistician will work under a greater level of guidance.
- Collaborate on study design from a wide variety of clinical trials and observational studies perspectives, including sample size estimation and development of randomization schemes.
- Conduct data analyses in SAS or R, or direct activities of statistical analysts as needed to support the following:
- Prepare statistical analysis plans, including table shells.
- Write analysis programs.
- Validate analysis programs.
- Prepare analysis reports for submission of abstracts and papers to scientific journals.
- Prepare reports for DSMB, FDA, or steering committee review.
- Prepare statistical considerations sections (including definition of subject population, endpoints, sample size) of study protocols.
- Collaborate with the SABER cross-functional team on the design, conduct and reporting of clinical studies per GCP. Tasks may include review of CRFs, edit checks, and standard reporting programs for internal team use.
- Implement methods to ensure the quality of study data, including participation in development of and implementation of standard operating procedures.
Requirements for Lead:Master's degree with at least 5 years of clinical research experience, or PhD with 3 years of clinical research experience as a statistician.
Requirements for Senior:Master's degree with at least 3 years of clinical research experience as a statistician.
Requirements for either title:
- Knowledge and experience with SAS, including advanced knowledge of data step processing and macro languages
- Experience in the analysis and reporting of clinical trials or epidemiologic studies
- Understanding of ICH, GCP and FDA regulations and guidelines with regard to the conduct of human subject research
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on teams, and collaborate with external investigators
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification; the level of the selected candidate will depend upon the candidate's qualifications. A lead statistician is preferred.
Salary range for each position:
Statistician Lead: $74,391-$91,895
Statistician Senior: $64,825-$80,078
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/184070/statistician_lead
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency