This ad is expired.
Requisition Number: SALES01923
Location: Online / Remote
The Salesforce Architect at American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) is responsible for the design, development, integration, and support of solutions in Salesforce. The individual in this role should possess broad knowledge across multiple software platforms and draw on skills and experience to assess customer requirements and systems architecture in order to design secure, high-performance technical solutions that maximize the constituent experience.
The individual in this role will be hands on, developing solutions and integrations while demonstrating an understanding of software engineering concepts and solutions architecture. You take a configuration first approach, knowing when to configure vs. when to code. You mentor and assist other staff to ensure accurate and timely diagnosis/resolution of application issues that impact productivity. You also partner with administration staff, business analysts, and business leaders to identify, define, analyze and implement changes and enhancements that meet business requirements in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Obtains understanding of the American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) or its affiliates' application environment including the applications and interdependencies of those applications.
- Responsible for the overall design, development, customization, and end-user support of the Salesforce platform including Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and other installed packages.
- Responsible for developing new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, validation rules, approval processes, flows, flow triggers and email alerts.
- Responsible for integration of applications with Salesforce through our Dell Boomi integration platform.
- Collaborates with IT Support in the diagnosis and resolution of issues impacting employee productivity and business throughput.
- Collaborates with IT Business Analysts and Stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements, and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality.
- Translates approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Collaborates with Business Operations, Information Technology and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability.
- Provides guidance on solution requirements, technical design, integration architecture, and solution recommendations.
- Ensures that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment
- Ability to efficiently work remotely
- Ability to access APEI VPN for telecommuting
- Strong initiative and ability to work with limited supervision and/or without direct supervision from remote locations.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop new skills to maintain technical currency.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a team to solve problems.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data, and rule relationships.
- Methodical, organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated listening, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally, including in high-pressure situations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience implementing and supporting technically complex solutions in Salesforce.
- SFDC Administrator certification preferred, Developer and/or Architect certification a plus.
- Deep understanding of Salesforce best practices and design principles.
- Experience working with Apex Scheduling and Batch Processes.
- Understanding of the Salesforce data model including the Education Data Architecture (EDA) and how/ when to create custom objects.
- Understanding of data management including data structures and data modeling.
- Experience with the Salesforce APEX data loader and other data loading tools.
- Experience with Salesforce Web Services APIs - SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, including consumption, parsing, managing static values, and UI\UX elements for working with data in returned API response payloads.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other enterprise applications and services through platforms such as Boomi.
- Prior business experience in higher education and an advanced degree are preferred.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/b66d4325-6be5-4691-ab44-c96532dee1ff/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=822946ef-cbee-428b-9bc7-04a317c854e2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency