Research Coordinator (TEMP)
Job Opening ID: 175164
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Department: IntMed-Geri & Palliative Med.
Posting Begin/End Date: 11/07/2019 11/21/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Temporary Job Opening
The Division of Geriatric & Palliative Medicine is seeking a full-time addition to our Program in Supportive Care and Symptom Science to function as a research coordinator for a number of studies in palliative care. Palliative care is the field devoted to helping people with incurable disease with symptoms, emotional distress, and spiritual suffering. Palliative care also helps families deal with caregiving burden.
The research coordinator will provide assistance in investigator initiated studies. Undergraduates looking for a career in medicine or nursing are highly encouraged to apply.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Screening and recruiting primarily cancer patients based on strict criteria
- Working collaboratively with other research staff
- Interacting with patients in the clinic and research unit
- Creation of databases
- Entry of data
- Maintenance of databases
- Coordination of clinical visits and appointments
- Submission of IRB regulatory submissions and management
- Conduct of study interviews or administering surveys with study participants
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Comfort working with potentially distressed patients
- Highly professional and discrete; sensitive to human subject data security
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision (once trained)
Preference will be given to candidates with: an education, psychology or social work degree; those with patient experience; and those with research experience.
Post-graduate degrees (e.g. Master's) are not required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/175164/research_coordinator_temp
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency