This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 180411
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Pathology Satellite Supp
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/03/2019 12/17/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Pathology / Laboratory Services
Patient Care Services
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Perform the assigned duties in specimen Procurement in order to assure accurate and timely collection, order entry, transport, processing, and storage of specimens.
- Customer Service: Provide total customer focus to meet the needs of every customer, internal and external, medical staff, laboratory staff, patients and families.
- Specimen Collection: Perform phlebotomy on adult, pediatric, and newborn patients. Obtain blood specimens from patients with alternate venous access devices.
- Specimen Handling: Transport, label, centrifuge, aliquot, distribute, store, and prepare laboratory specimens for testing within Pathology Department and reference laboratories.
- Computer Data Entry: Enter laboratory test orders and results into the Laboratory Information System.
- Test Analysis: Perform POC laboratory analysis and quality control.
- Safety: Comply with safety instructions and observe safe work practices.
- Communication and Teamwork: Use effective communication including written, verbal and information technology skills. Work effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- Leadership: Model professional behaviors. Serve as a resource for all medical staff.
- Functional Assistance: Assist with special projects, in-services, evaluating new equipment and techniques, monitor laboratory inventory, and other additional assigned responsibilities.
- Training: Assist Allied Health Technical Coordinator and Training Coordinator as a preceptor for training new employees.
- Quality Assurance: Participate in continued Quality initiative.
- Other assigned duties.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in phlebotomy
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population and team.
- Some experience with electronic computer programs is required.
- Demonstrated ability in two or more of the following categories is required:
- Proficiency in pediatric phlebotomy
- Proficiency in blood collections from vascular access devices
- Proficiency with all computer applications used in the Satellite Support area
- Proficiency with Point of Care testing and QC.
This position requires frequent standing and walking as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and /or transferring patients, candidate must have physical ability to accomplish this.
- Knowledge of computer applications is desirable.
- Reasonable knowledge of hospital policies and procedures is desirable.
- Certification or registration in an appropriate discipline is desirable.
- Indwelling and pediatric experience a plus.
- Port draw experience is highly desired.
This part time, 37 hour position is on the evening shift, schedule will be: M 1130-730, T 1230-730, W 1230-730, TH 1230-730, F 930-530 with 1 Saturday a month required.
This position will be located at West Ann Arbor Health Center.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/180411/phlebotomist_specialist
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency