This ad is expired.
Patient Services Intermediate
Job Opening ID: 177210
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH CC Float Pool
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/21/2019 8/28/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Healthcare Admin & Support
We, the staff and faculty of the Rogel Cancer Center team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Cancer Center is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Ensuring a Patient and Family centered experience according to the Health System Service Excellence Goals is a priority to the care of our patients. The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
The Intake Coordinator is the primary point of contact for new patients and providers referring patients to the Rogel Cancer Center for Hematology and Oncology services. The Intake Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Rogel Cancer Center clinical staff to triage patients to the appropriate disease group and provider.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Triage requests for new patient appointments to the appropriate disease group based on diagnosis within 1-2 business days of receipt.
- Contact the patients being referred for services to inform them of the information needed to prepare for the appointment.
- Scheduling new patient appointments to be seen in clinic in Epic within 1-2 weeks of the request.
- Obtain medical records in preparation for the new patient appointment including pathology and radiology slides that may require review by the Michigan Medicine Pathology and Radiology Departments.
- Develop relationships with referring physicians offices to aid in the collection of medical records.
- Communicate closely with the clinic nurses and providers on the status of patients coming into the system and follow up on issues/needs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous work experience working with the public.
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling
- Familiarity with obtining medical records or professional medical billing
- Financial counseling expereince for healthcare patients
- Demonstrated ablity to interact with a diverse population
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Deonstrated excellent customer service skills with the public
- General office practice experience is required
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening and information technology skills
- EPIC/MiChart experience.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling.
- Ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/177210/patient_services_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency