This ad is expired.
Faculty - Professional in Residence- Hospitality Management
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Faculty
Job Number: FY2401621
Closing: 10/9/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Division: Woodbury School of Business
Utah Valley Univeristy is seeking a Professional in Residence in Organizational Leadership! The Professional in Residence develops contacts in the business community in support of engaged learning. Teaches courses as assigned. Supervises student assistants, interns, students, and other staff in fieldwork projects. Follows professional and ethical standards.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develops and cultivates contacts with local and regional businesses served by the university's Hospitality Program. Development occurs where engaged learning can take place and where partnerships between businesses and the university can collaborate for internships and job opportunities.
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate level courses in hospitality management. Plans, prepares, and follows approved curriculums of study with measurable objectives. Prepares instructional materials (i.e. exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary. Instructs individuals and groups in classrooms through demonstrations, discussions, presentations, lectures, field trips, individualized and/or on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
- Advises and assists students with coursework by maintaining office hours in locations as assigned (not necessarily on the Orem Campus).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction and learning by means of various types of performance testing, i.e. verbal, written, on-line, etc. Recommends students for advancement and graduation. Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance.
- Attend faculty and other meetings as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Candidates should have a Master's degree in Business or Hospitality Management and experience leading (P&L responsibility) at least one operating unit within the hospitality industry. Professional qualification according to AACSB standards is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the theories and principles of hospitality management or closely associated industries in competitive environments.
- Knowledge of the financial, marketing, and production principles used in creating value for customers.
- Skills involved in locating and persuading business firms in the hospitality industry of the advantages and opportunities involved in upgrading and professionalizing staff skills.
- Skills involved in interviewing and selecting students for participation in internships, externships, and project work.
- Ability to lead class discussions debriefing cases, explaining principles, and reviewing curriculum management issues.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4207083/faculty-professional-in-residence-hospitality-management
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency