This ad is expired.
The University of Washington Tacomais an anchor institution that is deeply invested in its local communities and in student success. As one of three campuses of a world-class university, UW Tacoma is dedicated to interdisciplinary and innovative teaching and scholarship and to engaging the community in mutually beneficial partnerships. UW Tacoma's commitment to access and diversity is central to an environment where students, staff, faculty and South Sound residents find abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. More information about UW Tacoma and its strategic plan can be found here.
The University of Washington Tacoma stands on the traditional homelands of the Puyallup Tribe. The Puyallup people have lived on and stewarded these lands since time immemorial and continue to do so today. Members of our communities live, work, and study on the lands of the Coast Salish people. We recognize that this land acknowledgement is one small step toward true allyship, and we commit to uplifting the voices, experiences, and histories of the Indigenous people of this land and beyond.
UW Tacoma is looking for a leader with a background in faculty engagement and retention, academic focused DEI work, and academic human resource management.
Are you interested in being a part of our mission to retain, source and promote diverse and inspirational faculty to give our students the best possible experience to continue shaping our future;
Are you passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work on a large academic scale;
Do you have a people centered and humanistic approach to faculty affairs and academic human resources? Then Join Us!
Apply at https://hr.uw.edu/jobs/ under req # 204373.
The Director of Faculty Affairs and Academic Human Resources provides professional expertise grounded in equity and inclusion, in the areas of academic personnel policies, processes, promotion and tenure, and personnel management and works closely with UW Tacoma leadership to advance strategic priorities.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and manages the strategic and daily operations of the Academic Human Resources unit including supervision of two full-time employees.
This position serves as the primary institutional resource for faculty matters. The Director of Faculty Affairs and Academic Human Resources will help implement policies and functions supporting institution-wide faculty recruitment, orientation, appointment, reappointment, retention, promotion, and tenure procedures. This position works closely with the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Deans, Division and Program Chairs, and faculty leadership on all matters related to academic human resources and strategic affairs.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and at least seven years of progressively responsible Higher Education leadership experience within Academic or Faculty Affairs or an Academic Unit, to include supervisory experience.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Demonstrated experience with shared governance, promotion and tenure, and faculty searches that is grounded in equity and inclusion principles.
- Solid understanding of federal employment law.
- Experience managing various employment-related activities such as faculty and staff leave, accommodations, grievances, and other employee relations issues.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of leaders, faculty and staff to provide executive and actionable advice.
- Experience working with highly confidential information and taking appropriate action.
- Ability to work independently with exceptional organizational, planning, time management skills and initiative, with a history and ability to successfully work on large, complex projects in a deadline driven environment; demonstrated ability to realize/achieve stated goals without instruction.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and to lead teams to successful outcomes.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency