This ad is expired.
Director - Campus Services
Salary: $73,898.00 - $98,653.00 Annually
Job Type: FT Exempt Salaried Staff
Job Number: FY2401617
Closing: 10/11/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Utah Valley University is in search of a Director in Campus Services! Working under the direction of the AVP of Facilities, the Director of Campus Services is responsible for the administration and direction of the Facilities Services and Maintenance Departments. Provides leadership and direction in all aspects of administering facilities management of all University owned facilities. Assesses work force needs. Plans and budgets for needed facilities improvements. Participates in annual budget planning for improvement projects. Directs work orders, service requests for facilities improvements, building access and control, facilities I.T. systems administration, and campus recycling. Position plays an essential role at times of emergency.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Supervision and Direction of Maintenance Staff. Works with Managers and Leads to determine crew sizes, staffing needs, and equipment to complete assignments. Directs the workload and approves projects on which staff will work. Meets with Managers to determine if goals are being met. Approves leave. Supervises purchasing within the Department and approves requisitions.
- Provides administrative direction and provides leadership for Facilities Services Staff. Works with Assistant Director and Managers to determine crew sizes, staffing needs, building cleanliness, inventory, and equipment needed to complete assignments. Directs the workload of department, Campus Recycling for all on and off campus buildings, and approves requests for department moves and furniture assembly/disassembly across campus. Meets with Assistant Director to determine if goals are being met. Approves leave. Supervises purchasing within the Department and approves requisitions.
- Planning, Budgeting, and Assessment. Works with other Facility Department leaders to plan, forecast, and assess capital projects and replacements needed on campus. Participates in internal PBA planning and budgeting. Assesses building components. Inspects work of Services Department.
- Provides administrative direction and support for Facilities I.T. systems. Works with Facilities Systems Administrator III to determine I.T. infrastructure needed for facilities control systems as well as the system operation of the facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Promotes Campus and Facilities Services Department by visiting with campus leaders. Serves on campus committees. Assists with United Way Day of Service. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Training and hiring of Staff. Hires, coaches, and disciplines staff members. Serves as hiring committee chair. Oversees and verifies that hiring is completed properly.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in a related discipline plus three years of staff level experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
BS degree in Facilities Management or BS degree related to needed knowledge, seven years of post graduation experience showing increased budget authority and supervision levels.; Or, eight to fifteen years of experience managing the operations of a large physical plant, showing increased supervisory experience and budget authority.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of maintenance repairs and inventory of various tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of effective supervision.
- Knowledge of training and staff development techniques.
- Knowledge of structures and reading blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of Public relations and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of email, word processing, and other computer systems.
- Skills in budgeting.
- Skills in managing a part-time work force with high turnover.
- Skills in analyzing workload and staffing needs.
- Ability to communicate well to various groups.
- Ability to assess problems and find solutions.
- Ability to delegate.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4207649/director-campus-services
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency