Design Strategist (Penn Medicine Nudge Unit)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Design Strategist (Penn Medicine Nudge Unit)
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project B
Job Description Summary
The Penn Medicine Nudge Unit is currently recruiting a talented design and innovation project leader with a passion for behavior change. The Penn Medicine Nudge Unit is an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to improve health and effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across the healthcare industry.
The Penn Medicine Nudge Unit is a joint venture between the Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation (CHCI) and the University of Pennsylvania Center for Health Incentives and Behavioral Economics (CHIBE). Founded in 2016, the Penn Medicine Nudge Unit is the world's first behavioral design team embedded within a health system. The Nudge Unit leverages insights from behavioral and implementation science to design, implement, evaluate, and disseminate scalable nudges to steer medical decision-making toward higher-value care, improved patient outcomes, and more equitable health care delivery. Consistent throughout the work of the Nudge Unit is a desire to make the right choice the easy choice.
Since 2016, the Penn Medicine Nudge Unit worked on more than 100 projects, most of which include testing interventions within health systems, including more than 25 randomized trials resulting in over 100 publications in leading medical journals such as NEJM, JAMA, Nature, and PNAS. The Nudge Unit currently supports a broad portfolio of projects to improve care with Penn Medicine as well as an extramurally funded program of research aimed at improving acute care and the prevention of overdoses and injuries. In its portfolio, the Nudge Unit commonly leverages electronic health records, automated text messaging, smartphone apps, and other digital interventions to change behavior.
The Design Strategist manages Nudge Unit projects focused on reimagining the way we deliver care and influence the behavior of both clinicians and patients at Penn Medicine leveraging principles of human-centered design, behavioral economics, and implementation science. The Design Strategist collaborates with other Nudge Unit, CHCI staff, and project partners to apply methods of design and innovation to understand a variety of complex problem spaces and define opportunities for "nudges" to improve health outcomes and patient and staff experience. The Design Strategist leads project strategy, stakeholder relationships, and engages with CHCI leadership to take new models of healthcare delivery from development to scaled impact.
The Design Strategist must have the ability to lead problem definition through deep contextual research and data analysis, think divergently about how the application of behavioral economics can improve health outcomes and experience, test solution concepts through creative and rapid experimentation, and ultimately help guide the implementation of new, high-impact, solutions.
Manager Research Project B
- Bachelor's degree required in design or related field and minimum of 3 years professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex and thoughtful work
- Background in health care a plus, whether as a clinician (RN, PT, SW, etc) or in health care management or innovation
- Experience in application of behavioral science, implementation science, informatics, and/or design thinking a plus
Manager Research Project C:
- Master's degree preferred in design or related fields and 3- 5 years professional experience, demonstrating the ability to complete complex and thoughtful work or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$61,046.00 - $95,972.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall/Design-Strategist--Department-of-Emergency-Medicine-_JR00064322-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency