Job Opening ID: 173930
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: School Art Design
Department: Stamps School of Art & Design
Posting Begin/End Date: 6/11/2019 6/25/2019
Salary: $35,000.00 $38,000.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Communications & Marketing
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design seeks a Communications Assistant to provide graphic design support, project coordination support, digital content support (web/social media), and grassroots marketing support as part of the school's five-person Communications and Marketing team.
Successful candidates will have been preparing for an entry level job in communications by gaining fluency in InDesign and coming to the position with a portfolio of entry-level design work. They will also have comfort with writing, editing, and social media.
Additional attributes include: strong verbal communication skills and a hearty appetite for events promotion.
Working with a small communications teams in a high-volume environment, the selected candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and responsive to training and feedback.
Graphic Design Support - 40%
- Apply campaign creative generated by the Creative Lead to pens, pins, buttons, bags, t-shirts, event signage, flyers, posters, digital ads, and more.
- Provide project coordination support to Creative Lead, including pricing explorations, material gathering, routing support, and printing/trimming support
- Provide support in the archival process at design project completion
- Provide image asset management support
Digital Content Support - 30%
- Create and maintain digital event calendar listings, including both the school's web/social properties and community calendars
- Create and maintain RSVP forms for events through Eventbrite and other methods
- Edit/post news items to the school website
Events Marketing Support - 30%
- Responsible for regional digital calendar updates to promote public events
- Project coordination of grassroots, cross-unit, and community partnership initiatives
- Coordination of grassroots distribution of Speaker Series, Stamps Gallery, and other School event promotion (working with volunteers, students, and paid vendors)
- Facilitation of event signage / wayfinding needs
- Support around conference and symposium event marketing, including HTML campaigns, social strategy execution, vendor management support, and design support.
Undergraduate degree; well-versed in InDesign with a portfolio of entry-level design work; experience with social media. Evidence of strong interpersonal and organizational skills; evidence of reliability, punctuality, flexibility, and ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
Interest in issues related to art, design, events promotion, and higher education. Knowledge of university policies and procedures a plus.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/173930/communications_specialist
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency