- The Associate Director of Teaching and Pedagogy is part of the Center for Faculty Development and Excellence (CFDE) that supports faculty in all aspects of their careers, including research and scholarly writing, teaching and pedagogy, and mentorship and career development.
- Under the direction of the Director for Diversity and Inclusive Pedagogy, has responsibility for developing programming directed at faculty and graduate students related to teaching and pedagogy which may include trainings, facilitated discussions, and online resources.
- Develops short- and long-term goals and objectives for the programming.
- Plans, administers, and monitors the budget for this programming area.
- Works with and co-supervises a Dean's Teaching Fellow and collaborate with other members of the CFDE as needed.
- Recruits staff and faculty with relevant expertise to help develop and deliver trainings.
- Coordinates with others on campus including administrators within the various schools related to educational programming needs.
- Consults with faculty one-on-one to help with their teaching.
- Supports the CFDE's ongoing general teaching programs (grants to faculty, Academic Learning Communities, University Courses).
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program(s) and four years of program related experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Master's degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience with teaching in college/university classrooms, especially in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- Experience in higher education faculty development.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Experience with assessment of teaching, curriculum, systems, and/or institutions.
- Track record of work related to inclusivity, equity, and diversity inside and outside the classroom.
Please submit your application here.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency