- Work Department: Business Services
- Class Title/Code: Accountant I (0010)
- Effective Date: Nov 17, 2021
Reconciles the University's bank accounts, including Depository, Operating, Payroll, Check Cashing, Income Fund, Revenue Bond and bond and interest sinking accounts. This reconciliation is not a normal bank reconciliation, but is a complex reconciliation of all of the University's financial system accounts with cash transactions recorded on the books (in the system) and at the bank.
Reconciles the Property Accounting System to the Financial Accounting system on a monthly basis.
Prepares various monthly locally held and credit card account reconciliations including the student disbursement account, the Comptroller's reconciliation, and the reconciliation of various other receivable accounts.
Prepares DPAs, RFPs, and makes pcard purchases for office supplies and various other office needs including ordering toner and calling for repairs for copie
Records various transactions including but not limited to credit card activity, equipment purchases, and grant matching entries.
Prepares various quarterly reports including the quarterly plant fund report (C-15), quarterly board report, and quarterly locally held fund reports (C-17s).
Prepares monthly Athletic report.
Reviews and maintains all petty cash accounts.
Monitors daily bank positive pay activity.
Other duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the categories below:
- Work experience and or training in Accounting or a closely related field
- College course work and/or training in Accounting or a closely related field including 12 semester hours in accounting
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals 18 months
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Starting Salary: $2765/mo
- Application Deadline: Dec 2, 2021
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, including copies of official academic transcripts and a current resume, via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials, including completed application, transcripts, and resume, are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency