Salary: $50,484.00 - $67,620.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified - Full-time
Job Number: 5810-c-06/19
Closing: 7/25/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Fine Arts
Under the supervision of the Dean of Fine Arts Division and the direction of the Lead Theatre Technician, the Theatre Technician will assist with the technical duties involved in the day-to-day activities and performing arts events in the College of the Sequoia's Theatre.Will operate technical equipment, assist with the scene shop management, and assist with the supervision of student workers and volunteer technicians.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Theatre Technician include:
- Assist with coordinating events and activities related to theatre productions.
- Assist with coordination and provision of technical direction for theatre productions.
- Assist with the operation and management of the scene shop; including construction of scenic elements and properties.
- Assist with coordination and participation in performance preparations such as construction, lighting and sound.
- Assist with purchasing, installation, and maintenance of theatrical equipment and supplies; including lighting, sound, production, and class needs. E
- Assist in selection, training and supervision of student's technical help.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- Two years of college level training in theatre arts with emphasis in theatre production design, technology or management and
- Three years of experience in various fields of theatre production.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Valid California driver's license.
- An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias.
- Indoor environment.
- Drive vehicle from site to site to conduct business of the College.
- Ability to climb ladders to hang lighting fixture and rigging.
- Ability to communicate with students/public.
- Ability to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions, i.e. bend, kneel crouch.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Working on ladders or scaffolding.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Theatrical scenic, costume and lighting design practices.
- Projection equipment; including design, installation and operation of custom projects.
- Digital modeling and fabrication; including 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling.
- Coordination of activities and events of a college theatre.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the technical operations of theatre production.
- Technical requirements of theatre productions, including lighting, sound and scenery.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Operation and maintenance of specialized theatre production equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Metal fabrication, including welding.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
- Safety regulations procedures.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Coordinate and participate in activities of the college theatre.
- Coordinate, oversee and provide technical direction for performing arts events.
- Attend meetings and serve as technical consultant for productions.
- Coordinate and manage scene shop.
- Construct, paint and finish sets and properties consisting of various materials.
- Interpret, comply and enforce safety regulations and requirements and keep up-to-date with current local, state and federal laws.
- Operate and maintain a variety of specialized theatre production equipment, including lighting, sound and rigging equipment.
- Plan and organize work.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work from technical drawings, plans, diagrams, blueprints and sketches.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. Official transcripts are required for employment.
Full-time classified employees enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (PERS)
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2504717/theatre-technician
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency