Senior Specialist Student Financial Aid Counselor
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Senior Specialist - Financial Aid Counselorwill be responsible for performing verification on CPS selected and institutionally selected CSN students. They will be expected to work in conjunction with the Financial Aid management team, other Financial Aid Senior Specialists and Advisors to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing Title IV Aid. This individual will advise students and families regarding financial aid programs offered by the federal, state, and local agencies, provide information and interpretation of the rules, regulations, and application procedures for financial aid programs. They will also be responsible for providing guidance on verification, supplementary forms, additional documentation needed for special circumstances, included but not limited to SAP, loss of income, and dependency changes. This person will need to be an active contributor to discussions and recommends when appropriate to better meet the needs of the students and serves as direct supervisor for designated staff. They will provide training sessions on Title IV updates during quarterly staff training events and other campus forums as requested. The incumbent will also be required to complete research and keep informed on all legislation and other information pertaining to student aid issues. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend any/all training sessions held in Financial Aid & Scholarships or other locations.
- Conduct Financial Aid Presentations to current and prospective students and their parents.
- Serve as liaison to academic advisors/counselors as designated.
- Serve as committee member or representative on CSN task forces, work groups, or other committees as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of related professional experience in a financial aid office or similar higher educational setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a financial aid office in a higher education setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience with a diverse/multicultural student body and workforce.
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations governing Federal Financial Aid.
- Proven track record in reviewing and processing Special Circumstance and Change of Dependency and COA increases.
- Proven track record in reviewing and processing Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals.
- Proven track record in resolving C-codes.
- Proven track record in verification processing and QA best practices.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience packaging and/or repackaging student financial aid awards.
- Experience working with student Cost of Attendance budgets.
- Proven track record with Financial Aid outreach presentations and events.
- NASFAA certifications.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$48,298 - $55,512
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Senior-Specialist--Student-Financial-Aid-Counselor_R0118124
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency