This ad is expired.
- Senior Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions
- Go to our website »
Senior Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off. Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Gabelli Graduate Admissions
Campus/Location: Lincoln Center (LC) - NYC
The Senior Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions is an experienced, strategic, and relationship-oriented leader responsible for developing the vision for recruiting and enrolling students across the graduate program portfolio (MBA, EMBA, Professional MBA, and MS) of the Gabelli School of Business. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Administration and overseeing the Office of Graduate Admissions, the Senior Assistant Dean works with the leadership team to set a continuously evolving strategy to respond to changing market demands and reach enrollment goals, leads the graduate admission team to implement that approach, and holds ultimate responsibility for enrollment results.
They develop and manage the area's functions, including marketing, candidate assessment/evaluation, systems/analytics, and the strategic management of the team and budget. The Senior Assistant Dean assumes a major role in decision-making and policy formulation to build balanced and diverse classes that represent the Gabelli School's strategic priorities. The Senior Assistant Dean will proactively nurture productive relationships across the faculty, administration, student, alumni, and corporate partner populations. Responding to ever-changing market demands, they play a primary role in communicating the Gabelli School's brand and value proposition to meet enrollment and revenue goals with both quality and quantity while overseeing all graduate admissions operational management functions.
- Works with dean, senior leadership team, and faculty area chairs and program directors to lay out a vision for future incoming classes. In partnership with the Deans Office, sets strategic goals for enrollment and composition in each academic program, including dual degrees and other partnership programs.
- Develops and leads short-term and long-term strategic enrollment plans to inform strategies and improvements to recruiting, outreach, and admissions processes to meet domestic and international targets while improving selectivity, raising student quality, and increasing yield for all degree programs. Provides leadership on the planning, execution, and conversion of prospective students across the candidate journey leading to enrollment. In alignment with the Gabelli Schools commitment to ESG and DEIB, guides the team as they regularly facilitate creative, effective, mission-driven outreach and yield initiatives for prospective students.
- Provides evidence-based, competitive intelligence insights to Gabelli School leadership, as well as advises on competitive trends with peer institutions, to help inform future program and curriculum changes, as well as differentiating opportunities, in response to demands of ever-changing graduate management education market.
- Works closely with the Office of Financial Aid and Gabelli Finance and Administration to set enrollment targets, as well as design and execute effective student aid strategies.
- Leads and develops the graduate admission team as a cohesive group focused on high performance and exceptional service. Attracts and retains strong performers. Trains, oversees, and evaluates the performance of the team, monitoring goal attainment, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring high levels of team and individual performance, and providing professional growth and developmental opportunities.
- Closely partners with Gabelli Schools marketing and communications team, as well as multiple internal and external constituencies, to develop effective admissions and marketing materials, communications, and events including, but not limited to, website content management, all forms of promotional material, emails, and social media; create, implement, assess, and continuously evaluate differentiated and highly personalized marketing strategies for diverse array of domestic and international graduate student target markets; maintains, updates, and assesses third party recruitment systems; manages strategic CRM communication plans; and evaluates and updates communication plans within the client relationship management system to effectively recruit and enroll prospective graduate students.
- Develops targeted plan of action reflecting the most promising global venues to share and present program related information, actively identifies and establishes relationships with reputation enhancing industry partners and vendors, and curates an innovative collection of recruitment content and delivery modes for multiple audiences.
- Partners with faculty, especially area chairs and faculty program directors, on all aspects of the recruitment, admission, and yield process, featuring them prominently in all stages of the process. Engages with area chairs, program directors, and other faculty leaders to learn about and communicate broadly innovations in each respective academic area, center, and/or program.
- Cultivates strategic partnerships with faculty, staff, students, alumni networks, corporate partners, and key collaborators to increase outreach to prospective students, establish and grow pipelines of prospective applicants, and achieve recruiting goals. Identifies incentives that draw in greater numbers of these students.
- Collaborates with the Senior Assistant Dean for Advising to ensure a seamless transition between admissions and academic advising for incoming students. Works closely with Personal and Professional Development and Development and Alumni Relations for success of cross-functional teams to improve end-to-end experience.
- Responsible for creating and distributing timely admissions data and reports regularly on outcomes. Uses metrics, analytics, and predictive modeling to improve admissions practices and outcomes.
- Works closely with Gabelli School finance administrators to recommend operating budget, manages teamwide spend, and ensures department runs on budget and reporting is accurate, monitored, and timely. Implements cost control measures where needed and recommends plans for budget adjustments if appropriate.
- Serves as a member of teams devoted to improving rankings, especially related to enhancing the schools performance in the student, alumni, and employer surveys of major rankings, particularly Businessweek, Financial Times, and U.S. News and World Report.
- Holds final responsibility for graduate-level admissions decisions and awarding of graduate-level financial aid, including scholarships, graduate assistantships, and incentive programs. Maintains highest standards and procedures for recruitment and candidate evaluation. Provides leadership and make policy decisions in the development, review, and amendment of all degree program application materials and requirements. Leads development and implementation of strategy for processing and evaluating candidate applications for admissions, including training and monitoring of admissions staff.
- Provides guidelines to systems administrators with the goal of ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and quality of enrollment data for analytics and reporting. Provides direction to admissions staff who perform data analytics and produce reports that best inform admissions and merit-based student aid decisions to help meet the Gabelli Schools enrollment and revenue goals. Leverages metrics, analytics, and predictive modeling to improve practices and outcomes; create and regularly distribute enrollment data and outcomes reports.
- Actively participates in relevant external GME professional associations as schools primary representative in graduate management industry. Ensures strategies reflect industry best practices and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Serves on university committees and works collaboratively with institutional colleagues.
- Supports school initiatives and events, such as graduate orientation and commencement ceremonies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience required, including substantial leadership/management experience in higher education administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills, and dedication to meeting goals of the schools strategic plan.
- Strong knowledge of the graduate business admissions landscape and best practices; active involvement in relevant external professional associations preferred.
- Strategic ability and creativity, as well as a collaborative leadership style, supervisory experience, and ability to lead change, especially in regard to training and empowering staff to thrive in new roles.
- Skill in working across diverse groups of people, including faculty, students and administration.
- Experience in fostering collaboration and the ability to succeed in an academic culture.
- Familiarity with broad array of admissions related technologies and platforms with ability to assess and recommend best options.
- In depth-knowledge of peer/aspirant business school academic program portfolios, admissions policies, and procedures, in addition to a detailed knowledge of the professional requirements of corporations and industry, and commitment
- Advanced degree strongly preferred in Business or Education
To apply, please visit: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4010
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency