STNC - Program Assistant-Athletics
Salary: $16.32 Hourly
Job Type: Short-Term, Non-Continuing
Job Number: 2021-STNC-PROGMASSIST
Location: Ukiah, CA
Mendocino-Lake Community College District is currently accepting applications for a Short-Term, Non-Continuing Program Assistant for our Athletic Program.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, assists in the support of Athletics, Physical Therapy, and Dance programs specific to: laundry, dance studio maintenance and cleaning, and basic game day set up, cleaning, and take down.
This is a temporary, non-continuing position. This position is open until filled. We are seeking an equity-minded person who is committed to supporting our diverse student population and faculty within the District Mission. Please review our District Mission, Goals, and Values at the following website: https://www.mendocino.edu/college/mission-vision-values-goals
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Mendocino-Lake Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student success and to recruiting and hiring persons from diverse backgrounds. Diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students including first generation students, underrepresented students, and students of color. The District strives to employ and retain faculty, staff and administrative personnel who promote a positive learning environment and are well prepared to serve our increasingly diverse student population. Mendocino College takes active steps to ensure equal employment opportunity and to create a diverse work and academic environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all.
Mendocino-Lake Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a Short-Term Non-Continuing (STNC), temporary, hourly position, 25 hours per week, $16.32 per hour; Ed Code 88003 authorizes a governing board to hire STNC employees for less than 75% of a school year, up to 180 days.
Please see the current salary schedule at:
Benefits: The College offers a Bronze level benefit plan at the cost of the employee.
Paid Time Off: The successful candidate will earn three (3) days of sick leave per year.
Retirement: This position may be eligible for CalPERS Retirement (contingent upon number of hours worked within the fiscal year)
ABOUT OUR COLLEGE
Established in 1973, Mendocino College, a Hispanic Serving Institution, is a vibrant and inclusive academic community, rich in culture, creativity, diversity, and technology. A fully accredited two-year community college, the District serves more than 6,500 students across four locations in the greater parts of Lake and Mendocino Counties. Complete with a friendly small-campus academic setting and a respectfully collaborative work environment, Mendocino College prepares students for a future of innovation and success. The beautifully landscaped main campus is located in Ukiah, California. With views of oak-covered hills, sprawling vineyards, and distant mountains, the 127-acre campus is equipped with a state-of-the-art Library/Learning Center, high-tech Nursing Facility, and Student Center. The college operates three fully equipped centers in Fort Bragg, Lakeport, and Willits, conveniently providing our valued students with quality instruction, academic support and administrative services in neighboring communities. With a comprehensive curriculum and engaging instruction, Mendocino College provides a wide variety of degree, certificate, transfer, occupational, and basic skills programs. Mendocino College students learn in a nurturing and supportive environment enhanced by small-sized classes, personalized academic advising, and several hundred dedicated faculty and staff.
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITIES
Mendocino and Lake Counties include some of California's most picturesque landscape. Because of the geographic location, climate, and natural beauty, Mendocino and Lake Counties attract many visitors. Agriculture, timber, and tourism industries form the economic base of the area with some light manufacturing. Mendocino and Lake Counties have a long and colorful history as a premium grape- growing region within the state's famous North Coast wine country .A relaxed and friendly lifestyle is characteristic of our communities. Recreational opportunities abound for water skiing, swimming, fishing, boating, sailing, camping, hiking, tennis, and golf. Check out the local visitor guides to find out more:
https://www.visitmendocino.com/ & https://www.lakecounty.com/
Mendocino College welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of our community college students.
The successful candidate will support student success and equal access by executing the following duties:
- Coordinates with program manager to develop project management plans based on departmental goals and project requirements
- Assists with dissemination of program information and/or support services
- Assist with budgetary transactions; such as purchase orders, requisitions, PAFs, budget transfers, etc.
- Engages in customer service activities, such as greeting students and/or community members
- Provides administrative support; such as filing, records retention projects, managing mail flow, etc.
- Works with the manager to organize events as necessary
- Assists the manager in maintaining a positive and healthy environment for stakeholders
- Supports and assists with data entry and/or reporting
- Assists with special projects; including but not limited to: audits, promotional events, presentation development
- Additional duties as required
- Sorts, washes, folds, and returns uniforms, towels, and other laundry materials to Athletics, Physical Therapy Assistant Program, and Dance.
- Clean the dance studios twice a week.
- Assist coaches and fitness lab instructors with basic game day set up/cleaning/take down tasks.
Gym, indoor and outdoor environment; subject to interruptions and distractions. Physical demands include sitting, reaching, bending, walking, standing for long periods, and moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs). Repetitive motion based on cleaning practices use may be required. Outdoor environmental exposure; including but not limited to events and/or special projects.
Must meet Human Resources guidelines for qualified hiring; including by not limited to a Live Scan background check and completion of TB test.
Must have at least two years of experience in an administrative/office environment
Education: High School Diploma / GED Equivalent, AA Preferred
- Program and/or department processes;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy;
- Fiscal practices;
- Correct usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary;
- Administrative/programmatic best practices;
- Computer and software applications
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of stakeholders;
- Follow verbal and written directions;
- Follow through on assigned task;
- Operate independently and in groups;
- Conduct self in a professional manner;
- Abide by District policies and procedures;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Physical demands include sitting, reaching, bending, walking, standing for long periods, and moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs). Repetitive motion practices use may be required. Occasional outdoor environmental exposure; including but not limited to events and/or special projects.
Through the online portal, submit the following documents:
1. Completed online application
3. A letter of interest that succinctly addresses how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you for this position. Include information on how your background demonstrates a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of our community college students and employees
4. Contact Information for 3 personal or professional references (no letters please)
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING APPLICATION PROCEDURE
All application materials must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date indicated above
Only completed applications with the above required documents will be
reviewed by the committee
Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will
not be reviewed
Remove personally identifiable information such as personal photos, social security number, birth date, age, and gender from your application materials.
Expenses related to the recruitment process are the responsibility of the applicant
Incomplete application packets will not be accepted
Interviews are by invitation only
The college does not reimburse applicants for related travel expenses
Due to the current health crisis, first level interviews will be held via Zoom
A search committee will review and invite applicants for an interview. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an interview. A written performance exercise and/or presentation may be a part of the interview, and finalists may be invited to return for a second interview. All notifications will be via email, and by accessing your application profile.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
(Prior to beginning employment)
In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
Must be fingerprinted through DOJ and FBI and have background clearance; and
Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
Within 6 months of employment, must complete required District trainings such as Sexual Harassment Prevention.
Mendocino College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified applicants. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from all persons. Mendocino College does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, genetic conditions, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), military or veteran status .Mendocino College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Human Resources no later than 72 hours prior to the closing date. Human Resources can be contacted at (707) 468-3065 or via email at
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mendocinoedu/jobs/3268578/stnc-program-assistant-athletics
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency