Navigation Desk Coordinators
Job Opening ID: 181514
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: College Of Lsa
Department: LSA Dean: TS Support Services
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/02/2019 12/12/2019
Salary: $26,000.00 $29,500.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Libraries & Museums
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
LSA Technology Services is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and customer service oriented individual to work in our newly opened LSA Navigation Desk.
This position will involve providing customer service to LSA Addition patrons; assisting the Manager of Patron Services in providing oversight of the day-to-day activities of the LSA Navigation Desk; providing some direction/instructions and support for the student employees; assisting the Manager of Patron Services in organizing and providing training for new and existing student employees; providing basic Equipment Loan services (checking out equipment, maintaining the loan equipment, etc) and assist with the operation of other Loan Centers if needed.
Individuals in this position will be expected to participate in continuous improvement and skillset growth in order to gain skills and expertise concerning our Centers, policies, processes, and equipment.
There are two positions open for this posting:
- Mainly one weekend day and during the day shift for Fall/Winter; daytime hours during Spring/Summer.
- Mainly one weekend day and evening hours during Fall/Winter semesters; daytime hours during Spring/Summer semesters.
Primary areas of responsibility are:
50% Customer Services, including
- Staffing of the LSA Navigation Desk and oversight of the activities of student areas in the LSA Addition
- Upper-level customer service, including questions, consultations, and addressing issues
- Addressing, triaging, and directing questions concerning LSA Technology Services, the College of LSA, and the University of Michigan
- Collaborate with the LSA Opportunity Hub staff to direct and triage patrons
20% Oversight of the activities and student staff, including
- Providing oversight for the Navigation Desk student staff
- Providing oversight for the activities of the space including opening and closing procedures, and emergency response
20% Technology Support, including:
- Basic troubleshooting and assisting with the conference rooms and the huddle rooms for the LSA Addition
- Assisting the LSA Opportunity Hub staff with the basic technology needs to their conference and huddle rooms
- Circulation of basic Loan Equipment such as laptops and calculators
10% Manager of Patron Services Support, including:
- Reporting encountered issues with individuals or resources
- Providing feedback on current and possible policies and processes
- Reporting when the Navigation Desk is low on necessary supplies
- High School Graduate or equivalent education
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience and enthusiasm for customer service and helping people
- Ability to work well with teams
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work well without direct supervision
- Bachelor's degree
- Some experience working in a library or learning centers
- FTE # 1: Sunday-Thursday Mornings and Afternoons
- FTE # 2: Tuesday-Saturday Afternoons and Evenings
LSA Navigation Desk - LSA Building first floor
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College's Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA's Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181514/navigation_desk_coordinators
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency