Medical Assistant / Associate (Adult Multispecialty) - Brighton Center for Specialty Care
Job Opening ID: 183067
Work Location: Brighton Center Specialty Care
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: BCSC Adult Multispecialty
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/14/2020 2/13/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Patient Care Services
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to delivering the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don't hesitate - join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance to our patients in the Brighton area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
- Potential exposure to many Specialty Care Departments
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Our Adult Specialty Medical Assistants are essential for the care of our patients. We are searching for someone who has a passion for caring for others. In this role you will perform patient intakes, patient preparation for procedures, and medication administration. You will also take vital signs, review and update patient information, administer injections, perform EKGs, collect specimens, sterilize and clean equipment, stock supplies, and set up instruments and supplies in exam and treatment rooms.
Below is a list of the departments within the Adult Specialty Suite. While there will be main areas you will support on a daily basis, you may be asked to help support any of the other departments if needed.
- General Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- MEND (Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes)
- MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery)
- Sleep Clinic
- Vascular Surgery
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
At the MA Associate level:
- 1 - 3 years of experience
At the MA level:
- 0-1 years of experience.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be trained on site by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/183067/medical_assistantassociate_adult_multispecialty_-_brighton_center_for_specialty_care
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency