Grounds Technician - Equipment Crew
Performs manual work in the operation of heavy, medium, and light mobile equipment, and the maintenance of all such equipment pertaining to assigned area.
- Drive, maneuver, and service equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
- Maintain all aspects of grounds including turf, irrigation systems, fences, trees, shrubs, ground covers, walkways, and hardscapes.
- Observe entire grounds and identify and document all problems and/or hazards.
- This is an essential personnel position. Will be available for on call duty for emergency maintenance or to assist in campus preparation due to inclement weather or hazardous weather conditions.
Eighth grade education or equivalent plus two years related experience in the operation of medium mobile equipment. Commercial drivers license or willingness to obtain such a license. Additional job related experience may substitute on a year-by-year basis for required education as long as applicant possesses desired reading and writing skills.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License
- Knowledge and experience in all grounds maintenance activities and equipment.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency