The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Office of Sponsored Projects, the Grant Writer position will provide high quality proposal narratives for grant applications from various College of Southern Nevada departments that are produced by the the Office of Sponsored Projects. The primary duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research grant and resource opportunities in conjunction with the Executive Director and Grant Managers.
- Organize and write preliminary white papers (if necessary) and grant proposals, including proposal budgets.
- Ensure that federal, state, and other grant policies are followed in the preparation of the grant applications.
- Create, research, and maintain a database of grant opportunities and funders, for grants pursued and/or strongly considered for pursuit.
- Maintain a calendar of grant submissions and all deadlines related to grant applications submitted.
- Provide written guidance regarding proposal research and components necessary for efficient and effective grant or white paper preparation.
- Conduct reviews and other research for incorporation into future proposals.
- Respond to changes in the direction of departments requiring the service of grant writing through the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- Monitor reports prepared for foundations and other grantors by grant managers and finance manager.
- Additional related tasks as identified by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Social Sciences, or STEM related fields from a regionally accredited college or university and two years' related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of or experience in researching grants, and organizing proposed content based on the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).
- Ability to work with various department researchers and deans to gather the information and data necessary for writing an organized and appealing grant narrative.
- Demonstrated mastery of oral and written communication skills necessary to write high quality grant proposal narratives, applications and supporting documents.
- Possession of high professional standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience providing strong customer service in all functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including handling stressful situations and time-sensitive results.
Special Note: This position requires travel to and from other campuses and work-related locales and as necessary, requires after hours and/or weekend work in order to provide services/work products to students, clients, staff and those in the supervisory chain of command.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade B
$38,549 - $44,216
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Grant-Writer_R0118118-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency