Field Education Specialist
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons comprises an undergraduate liberal education program for women plus professional graduate programs with master's and doctoral degrees for men and women, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The campus-based SSW offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, PhD) and has an innovative online MSW degree, SocialWork@Simmons.
The School of Social Work seeks to hire a Field Education Specialist. This position is a full-time twelve-month faculty position (non-tenure track) in Field Education. This position requires the candidate to be located on the Simmons campus in Boston.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the campus-based department structures, operations, procedures, and goals.
- Advise 15-20 MSW candidates and serve as their field liaison.
- Place between 75-100 students (first and second year) in appropriate learning settings.
- Gain a broad understanding of the online field operations and engage in online field functions as needed.
- Increase the number of placements in the Boston area.
- Maintain up-to-date records pertaining to agency sites, field supervisors and student-agency matches.
- Participate in weekly field department meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between the campus and online programs.
- Attend monthly campus liaison meetings.
- Contribute to program committees and projects, including those designed to align SW@Simmons with the campus-based program.
- Other projects as assigned by campus or online platforms (to include placement approvals).
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited CSWE program, with a minimum of 4 years post MSW professional experience
- Highest level of licensure preferred (LICSW in Massachusetts or the equivalent in other States)
- Knowledge of a broad range of social service agencies in the Metro Boston area
- Experience as field instructor for MSW interns desired
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, google docs and a solid understanding for adapting technology in an educational context; willingness to learn new tools and software.
- Proven experience working across systems; ability to mediate when interests are competing
To apply, please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae. In addition, please submit the names and contact information of three professional references. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Field-Education-Specialist_R06485
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.