Fellowship in Leadership and Professional Experience
Fordham Law School, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The [FLiP] Fellow will work closely with faculty, senior administration, and student leaders to help plan and execute the Law School's professionalism programming for students. Under the supervision of the Director of Professionalism, the Fellow will assist with the house system, wellness programs, and mentorship-related initiatives.
- Oversees the logistics and execution of the house system, manages schedules and communications, coordinates speakers and technology, oversees catering, and troubleshoots.
- Collaborates with student leaders to plan and execute social and community-building events.
- Assists with the planning and execution of mental health and wellness programs, including helping to select and coordinate speakers and participants, publicizes programs, coordinates interactive community-builds initiatives, and manages logistics.
- Supports administration of the peer mentorship program.
- Monitors the engagement of upper-level students in various programs and manages student reimbursements.
- Assists the Director of Professionalism with the substantive development and implementation of new wellness, professionalism, and mentorship-related programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Juris Doctor or Master's Degree in a related field (including counseling, psychology, communication, higher education management) preferred.
- Must be technically proficient in current software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google docs, and open to being trained in University databases and software.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Integrity, sound judgment, and dedication to student well-being.
- Must be able to function independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
This is a 14-month fellowship beginning on May 1, 2021,
with the possibility of extension or development
into a full-time position.
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jordana Confino, Director of Professionalism
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency