This ad is expired.
Evening Support Technician
Work Location: Orange - 137
Hiring Range: $22.26-$27.83 per hour, state benefits do not apply
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a Germanna regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking, and many other activities.
The Evening Support Technician provides timely and effective network and system support for information technology equipment and / or systems including computers and peripheral equipment, network and telecommunication devices, audio and video equipment, mobile devices, and related transmission equipment to increase productivity in all areas of the college allowing employees to meet Germanna's mission. This position supports both our LGC and DTC location in the evenings and over the weekends.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides help-desk support for faculty and staff while prioritizing requests
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to faculty and staff questions about computer equipment and software
- Performs computer installation, maintenance, and repair for all college computer equipment including Audio Visual equipment
- Supports Evening and Weekend Events and classes in regard to technology support
- Applies software updates and upgrades as required by the college on workstations and peripherals
- Provides training to faculty and staff and updates documentation on technology equipment as needed
- Maintains accurate college software and hardware inventories within the designed asset management system(s)
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email email@example.com.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent experience with PC hardware installation, maintenance, and repair
- Must possess knowledge of basic network functionally and infrastructure
- Must possess experience in customer service, preferably Helpdesk
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Associate degree or Bachelors degree in Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus
- Knowledge of Quest Kace and/or Faronics Deep Freeze
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10/11
- Experience with Android and Apple products and other End-user devices
- Experience with Audio Visual equipment
Posting Number: WGE1443P
Job Close Date: 6/22/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/62033
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency