This ad is expired.
Employment Process Associate
Job Opening ID: 183062
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Shared Services Ctr
Department: Shared Services Center - HR
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/14/2020 1/21/2020
Salary: $33,630.00 $40,362.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Human Resources
The University of Michigan Shared Services Center (U-M SSC) is a customer service organization focused on providing user-friendly and cost effective administrative services to the university community. The SSC offers key financial and human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and enabling technology.
Reporting to the Employment Services Supervisor, each Associate is responsible for processing employment onboarding transactions for regular staff and temporary staff positions for the Ann Arbor campus. The Employment process Associates work collaboratively with their fellow Employment Processors, unit customers across campus, and Employment Clerks located at the I-9 Regional Centers.
- An Employment Process Coordinator is expected to develop deep subject matter expertise in all areas of employment onboarding detailed further in the key responsibilities section. Candidate must be comfortable spending 80% of time completing transactions.
- Utilizing extensive on-the-job training to process repeatable transactions
- Handling a high volume of cases from customers and business partners, using a case management tool to open, record, process, and close cases
- Accessing records in multiple systems, which requires toggling between multiple screens, in order to resolve cases promptly with a high degree of accuracy
- Recognizing/acknowledging the need for additional documentation and/or research in order to resolve cases
- Creating and updating employee files, as required
- Communicating via both email and phone with customers and business partners to collect additional information and provide updates on case status, as necessary
- Participating in audits to uncover opportunities for process and training improvements
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Candidate must be comfortable spending 80% of time completing transactions which demand a
- strong attention to detail in order to achieve high accuracy rates
- Provide University unit/department support in using the eRecruit Applicant Management System while applying knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Review and provide guidance to University unit/departments on job postings and recruitment
- Prioritize transactions and manage multiple requests simultaneously
- Maintain accuracy for all system-posted U-M job openings including ensuring compliance with various union bargaining agreements, ADA and guidelines to university units on Affirmative Action goals
- Communicate and ensure that U-M hiring standards are being followed
- Coordinate the background check process, including interacting with the BGC vendor and providing information to units & hiring managers to assist with the decision process for prospective new hires
- Process background check requests for all participants in Children on Campus Programs
- Complete I-9s for new employees, and provide guidance to units and employees on I-9 compliance
- Coordinate check-in and present Welcome Presentation at New Employee Orientation each week
- Provide support at the I-9 Regional Centers across Ann Arbor campus
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in decision making
- Learn and execute changes to business processes in a fast-paced environment
- Work within computing systems in order to enter, verify, correct and manipulate data. Systems may include, but not be limited to word processing, spreadsheets, case management and HR systems
- Build professional relationships with Schools and Units across the University
- Employ process improvement principles to improve business processes and adapt to the demands/needs of our customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient standard office computer skills with (i.e. Microsoft Office , Google)
Organizational Core Competencies and Skills:
- Advancing the Mission - Demonstrates ability to operate effectively in a manner consistent with the University of Michigan mission and culture.
- Building Relationships/Interpersonal Skills - Values organizational diversity, treats others with respect, and promotes cooperation.
- Creative Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking - Develops and creates ideas, processes, and approaches focused on the future.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication skills to those at all levels throughout the University.
- Development of Self and Others - Seeks opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others by setting developmental goals and seeking performance feedback.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change - Responds positively to and champions change to others.
- Leadership/Achievement Orientation - Holds self-accountable for meeting established objectives and successfully accomplishing desired outcomes.
- Quality Service - Strives to meet the expectations of internal and external customers, firmly establishing a service first culture.
The University of Michigan, with an operating budget of more than $7 billion, is a leader in higher education. U-M SSC provides administrative support related to financial and human resources in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Benefits, HR Data Management, Time and Leave, and Employment Process. To learn more about U-M SSC, please visit our website: www.SSC.UMICH.edu.
We offer our employees an extensive total compensation package including competitive pay, a two-for-one retirement contribution, a variety of health insurance options, and a generous vacation plan. In addition, there are seven paid holidays and four paid season days.
The Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
NOTE: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This position may require a commitment to work during scheduled campus season days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/183062/employment_process_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency