This ad is expired.
- Electronics Technology Instructor
- Go to our website »
Pasadena City College is hiring a full-time, tenure-track Electronics Technology Instructor commencing with the 2023-2024 academic year.
We are committed to helping all students achieve their educational goals, including those of every race, religion, gender, ethnicity, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community, regardless of background and level of preparation. We are looking for candidates with a commitment to mentoring students from underrepresented demographics in the sciences who can create a welcoming classroom culture and positively engage in our diverse student population.
At Pasadena City College (PCC) we celebrate and respect the racial, social, economic, academic and cultural diversity including students with different ability statuses.
- We seek candidates whose experience, teaching, and/or service advance anti-racism, anti-oppression, equity, and justice.
- We welcome candidates whose experiences have facilitated their understanding of traditionally underrepresented racial minority communities.
- Faculty are expected to have an inclusive stance on mentoring and engagement that incorporates working with historically marginalized populations.
- We seek candidates who have the desire and ability to create a welcoming classroom culture that positively engages and impacts our racially and socially diverse student population.
- We seek applications from candidates who can demonstrate experience in teaching and working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and contribute to the College's mission, vision, and core values.
We are committed to achieving equally high outcomes for all students. Successful candidates will share our vision and will work with us to help all students, regardless of background and level of preparation, achieve their educational goals. PCC is a designated Hispanic-serving institution that takes great responsibility in serving our Latinx students while also supporting Black, Asian American and Pacific Islander and Indigenous students towards their educational attainment and economic well-being. Pasadena City College prides itself on faculty contributions through active participation in college-wide governance and the decision-making process.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR:
- Participate in professional development activities that support best practices for teaching a diverse population of both major and non-major students
- Participate in the evaluation, revision, and development of the curriculum
- Participate in the recruitment, outreach, and development of internship opportunities for students
- Participate with faculty to develop and assess student learning outcomes. Use the results to improve teaching and learning
- Undertake the divisional and professional responsibilities of a regular faculty member
- Participate in divisional and college governance activities through committee service and/or other appropriate activities
- Teach Electronics courses including introductory theoretical concepts, PCB design, Microcontroller programming, Introduction to robotics, and Advanced digital logic
- Work with the college on recruiting students for the program
- Develop connections with local industry to develop in-roads to internships and student employment
- Collaborate with other instructors in multi-disciplinary areas such as Robotics and Design Technology
- Write grants to maintain stock of a wide variety of components used in the lab and updating lab supplies
- Procuring all necessary lab supplies in a timely manner.
- Conduct robust advisory board meetings to develop strong industry ties and modify curriculum based on advisory input
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adapt varying pedagogical approaches to meet the needs of students with differing learning modalities and abilities
- Knowledge of current practices in distance education including learning management systems such as Canvas
- Experience with Student Learning Outcomes and assessment methods
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and other members of the campus community
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with students of varying academic preparation and learning styles
- Knowledgeable about culturally sustaining pedagogical techniques and effective practices for engaging African American, Latinx, and Indigenous groups who are historically underrepresented and underserved
- Recent experience working with minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups within higher education shapes patterns of participation and outcomes
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and proficiency in current teaching and learning techniques
- Bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of professional experience
Associate's degree AND six (6) years of professional experienceOR
Valid California Community College Instructor CredentialOR
Degree must be shown as conferred on transcript. Some degrees may require equivalency. When equivalency is requested, the file will be reviewed by PCC's Equivalency Committee. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide ample documentation to support equivalent qualifications.
- Hands-on industry experience including prototyping, breadboarding and troubleshooting circuits
- Industry experience in PCB design including CAM processing and ordering PCBs, Microcontroller programming and system design
- Experience procuring electronic components and equipment for laboratories
- Experience Developing substantial lab projects
- Experience recruiting students and program promotion
Ten Months, 100% - Tenure-track position beginning August 2023.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful completion of Live Scan clearance and TB screening
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per government codes 3100-3109
- Meeting applicable eligibility requirements under CalPERS or CalSTRS if you are a current or former member
- Board of Trustees approval
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Pasadena City College utilizes an online application process. Hard copy, e-mailed, or faxed resumes are not accepted. You can apply for a position from any computer with Internet access. Applications completed and received by 11:59 p.m. on February 22, 2023 will receive full consideration.
Please keep in mind the following:
- If you do not follow the process or your application is incomplete, your information will not be processed.
- The hiring committee will review, evaluate, and consider applications and supporting materials received by the deadline. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. It is, therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
- While the acceptance of the application packet is done through the Applicant Tracking Software (ATS), all hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.
- Positions are full-time (100%) and "open until filled," unless otherwise stated.
- The college president will conduct a final interview and recommend a candidate to the Board of Trustees.
If you require assistance, please contact the Human Resources office at 626.585.7388. Applicants may expect to be notified. approximately 4 – 5 weeks following the closing date as to the status of their application
For full consideration, all of the following must be submitted along with the online application. An incomplete application packet will not be forwarded to the hiring committee for review.
- Complete application for employment indicating your career experiences and your abilities as they relate to this position
- Detailed resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover letter that addresses your qualifications for this position. Please include the ways you meet each of the items listed under the "Responsibilities/Duties", "Minimum Qualifications", "Professional Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities", and "Desirable/Preferred Qualifications". Include an Equity, diversity, and inclusion statement that describes your past and planned contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all application materials are fully and correctly submitted.
PASADENA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency