This ad is expired.
Electrical/Instrumentation Assistant Professor (Discipline: Electromechanical Technology (Industrial Mechanical Technology) Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00992
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the Dean of Instruction, Career Technical Education and Workforce Development, and working closely with the ETEC department, this position is responsible for providing high-level classroom and lab instruction to a diverse student population and working collaboratively with the department and the college in our constant effort to support student success
For questions, please contact Eileen Valenzuela in the Office of Instruction via email email@example.com
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: L6012-Process Technology
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in Colleges shared governance processes.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
Bachelors degree; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught;
Associate degree; and six years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught.
- Experience in teaching Electrical and Instrumentation principals, theory and hands-on.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the following:
Safety procedures working with and on Electrical and Instrumentation equipment
Instrumentation Process Loop and wiring diagrams.
Process Analyzers: Process, Calibration, troubleshooting and control.
Process PID Control, Calibration, and Troubleshooting.
Process Measurement and Control Techniques.
Electrical and Instrumentation Test equipment.
Motor Control, Both AC and DC Motors.
Power Distribution and Equipment.
National Electrical Code.
- Experience working as a lead or supervisor leading a diverse group in an instrument shop.
Job Open Date: 05/04/2023
Job Close Date: 6/14/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: August 2023
# of Months: 12
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9745
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency