This ad is expired.
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Development, Associate Director.
Applications will be accepted until 3/12/2018.
The Associate Director, Annual Giving represents the University of Notre Dame with benefactors within a certain geographic area of the United States. Associate directors seek unrestricted/recognition society gifts in support of the University's mission. This involves working in partnership with development department colleagues to develop and execute identification, cultivation and solicitation strategies that increase unrestricted and recognition society giving to the University. THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING: 200 VISITS; $500K+ MINIMUM UNRESTRICTED/RECSOC PRODUCTION; 750 PORTFOLIO SIZE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification, cultivation and solicitation that joins together the philanthropic interests of donors with unrestricted and recognition society opportunities at the University. Develop relationships with current and potential future benefactors whose resources will be integral to supporting the mission of Notre Dame. Establish and maintain a rapport with each benefactor and encourage, support and sustain the benefactor's philanthropic relationship with Notre Dame.
- Attend a significant number of regional and campus events as a representative of the University. Travel (approximately 50% of work time) as well as evening and weekend activity is routine.
- Promote teamwork and support within annual giving and across development, with a focus on unrestricted and recognition society giving.
- Bachelors degree (4 years)
- 5 to 6 years of experience
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and soliciting gifts, or a demonstrated track record of closing complex agreements including interaction with CEO level benefactors or customers.
- Interpersonal and communication skills-incumbent must be comfortable and effective in dealing with high net worth individuals. Superb oral and written communications skills. Ability to easily develop rapport/networks of leadership level benefactors. Effective at collegial working relationships. Ability to set priorities and map direction on concurrent fronts. Management of a complex project from concept to execution; time management and organizational skills. Ability to be forward-thinking and to create long-term relationships for maximum gifts rather than one-time transactions.
- In addition to these qualifications, because of the nature of this position, certain personal qualities are key to the success of the individual in this role. They include: unparalled personal integrity, ability to inspire and engender a passion for Notre Dame, outcomes-oriented work style, optimistic and empowered attitude, creative and entrepreneurial mind set, intellectual curiosity in a wide range of interests related to the dimensions of an academic institution like Notre Dame, deep commitment to Notre Dames mission and core values, ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time including some weekends and evenings.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S18121. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency