This ad is expired.
Dental Hygiene Program- Adjunct Faculty Dentistry Instructor (Temp Part-Time Assignment)
Posting Number: F00995
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College (DVC) welcomes faculty with a vision of excellence in instruction and an ability to employ various formats and styles in support of successful student learning. DVC seeks faculty who can adapt to a variety of teaching situations and who have the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, staff and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. This position is responsible for overseeing patient care provided by dental hygiene students and may include didactic assignments. At minimum, the supervising dentist will:
- Provide screenings of potential patients.
- Review patient medical history and assist students in preparing and follow through with physician consultations as needed.
- Authorize and reviews radiographs.
- Supervise and monitor administration of local anesthesia and nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation.
- Manage complications, accidents, or emergencies that occur during clinic
- Consult with students, faculty, and clients regarding medical or dental issues needing referral.
- Provide general and direct supervision as required by California Law.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3515-Dental Hygiene
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The minimum qualifications are any bachelors degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience. (California State Chancellors Office Requirements)Incumbent must hold a current, valid, and active California license as a dentist AND - Current BLS certification AND - Possess current knowledge of subject teaching, and documented background in education methodology in teaching assignment
(Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements)
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication, and who meet the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements for the position as evidenced by:
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in an open-access learning environment
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate, instruct and supervise community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the dental programs subject.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree from a CODA accredited college and two years of related professional experience.
Job Open Date: 06/01/2023
Job Close Date: 6/29/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 9 months
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9742
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency