DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES OPERATIONS (Administrator II)
Posting Number: VA1176
Under the general supervision of the AVP of Facilities and Capital Projects, the Director of Facilities Operations (DFO) of Facilities Management and Services (FMS) serves as a key member of the AVP's leadership team, and is responsible for providing strategic leadership and overall management to five branches within FMS including Custodial and Moving Services, Grounds and Landscaping, Building Maintenance, Engineering Services, and Logistics and Transportation. The DFO is a process oriented person who will continually evaluate and improve the departments processes while achieving the department goals. This position has direct responsibility for managing a comprehensive facility maintenance and repair program for campus buildings, grounds, and infrastructure. Additionally this position is responsible for operating, maintaining, and overseeing major building technology systems such as lighting control, fire and life safety, and elevator systems.
The DFO has a broad programmatic responsibility for managing, developing, directing, and providing vision and strategic planning, while establishing and monitoring organizational goals for all functional activities within their area. The incumbent has responsibility for the day-to-day administration and management of approximately 145 staff and seven MPPs. The DFO is responsible to the AVP for management of the majority of the FMS budget to include personnel salaries and maintenance costs.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1176-Position-Description
Requirements include the equivalent to a four-year college degree from a college or university.
Seven years of progressive leadership experience in management and three years of experience directly supervising staff.
- This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Designated Group & Category: Facilities Management and Services Assoc or Asst Director/Supervisor / Project Manager/Category 2).
- The person holding this position is considered a General Mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Drivers License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Drivers Training course.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Work includes visits to existing facilities and construction sites, and may involve in-state travel to other campuses and/or the Chancellors Office, requiring overnight travel and stay. Moderate physical activity is essential to performing the job as standing and/or walking for more than four hours per day is common.
Work is primarily performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment. Work will also be performed on and around campus facilities and building environments. Hard hat, safety vest, eye protection and steel toed shoes required during on-site management.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency