This ad is expired.
Chinese Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00976
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Candidate will be available to substitute for all levels of Chinese courses.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3015-Foreign Language
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Masters in the language being taught
Bachelors in the language being taught AND Masters in another language or linguistics OR the equivalent
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication as evidenced by:
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and promoting success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
2. Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities.
3. Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
4. Demonstrated excellence in course preparation, and knowledge of diverse teaching and learning strategies.
5. Demonstrated mastery of the Chinese language with native or near-native fluency.
6. Experience in curriculum and program development.
7. Experience with instructional technology.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and collegial manner with faculty and staff.
Job Open Date: 03/13/2023
Job Close Date: 6/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9569
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency