Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit and Transfer Credit
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit & Transfer Credit (Assistant Registrar) to join the Office of the Registrar. Reporting to the University Registrar and Director of Academic Records, The Assistant Registrar will be responsible for mapping, building, and maintaining degree programs and requirements (general education, majors, minors, concentrations, etc.) within Datatel. Serving as an information resource specialist for graduation processing, degree requirements (and related governance), transfer and study abroad credit, the Assistant Registrar will be responsible for the coding of all new programs, catalog years and CIP codes. This position will also be expected to support and assist on the impending Workday student information system implementation.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Evaluate and process undergraduate and graduate transfer credit for prospective, accepted and deposited students as well as study abroad students;
- Manage the day-to day operations focused on ensuring accuracy of the transfer credit evaluation and articulation process including all related guidelines used to determine the acceptability and applicability of transfer courses on the student evaluation and within the degree audit system;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for questions regarding transfer credits, ensuring a timely response;
- Manage and approve Petitions for Transfer Credit for current undergraduate students taking courses at another other institutions in during the summer or winter terms;
- Process on ground and online Graduate Petitions for Transfer credit , including reviewing transcripts, posting credit, and waiving credits and course requirements when applicable;
- Award AP, IB, and CLEP credits and adjusting course requirements on degree audit when applicable;
Degree Audit and Declaration
- Manage, code and maintain Degree Audit;
- Process declarations of majors and minors for undergraduate students and changes in academic programs for graduate students;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for questions regarding degree audits and declarations;
- Code new curricula, update and maintain course requirements, as well as other academic information for the 300+ academic curricula;
- Ensure proper coding of all exceptions to student records, course waivers, requirement fulfillment through study abroad and cross-registration, and other requirement exceptions for student records;
- Manage and closely maintain the 3D (Design across Diverse Disciplines) course selections of the Simmons' PLAN core curriculum for each Undergraduate student in their Junior/Senior year, and post the taken selections of their Degree Audit;
- Maintain Datatel coding for academic programs, student types and locations, including on-ground and online programs;
- Produce each semester's undergraduate final exam schedule using information gained from contacting undergraduate faculty members;
- Compile the schedule on a four day grid for 130150 courses to ensure no student or professor exams conflict, taking into account special requests;
- Communicate with professors and students regarding any requested changes of date/time or unforeseen conflicts and make changes to the final exam schedule where warranted;
- Support the Workday implementation team.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years records management experience in a college or university Registrar's Office
- Understanding of university policies and functions, and state and federal laws pertaining to higher education
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, support staff, students, employers and business/community leaders.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Registrar--Degree-Audit-and-Transfer-Credit_R06508
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.