Assisant Director - Deferred Maintenance
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Assistant Director - Deferred Maintenance will report directly to the Director of Work Control. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of a CSN Six-Year Deferred Maintenance program. In addition, the position must be able to project expenses and durations for life cycle costing to develop long term expenditures and capital needs. Furthermore, they will help provide direction and analytical support to develop and implement a deferred maintenance program. Job duties extend to working with other areas within Facilities Management to coordinate Capital Improvement projects with deferred maintenance needs and to identify and prioritize critical deferred maintenance projects. Financial planning is imperative to maintain facilities and sites on CSN Campuses. Currently, this includes 3 main campuses, 7 satellites totaling 1,600,000 square footage.
Specific associated duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, implement, and maintain the deferred maintenance programs, capital renewal and replacement strategies.
- Lead the development of a Six year Deferred maintenance plan.
- Help with the development of HECC/SHECC legislative request every biennium.
- Provide general direction and analytical support in the development of life cycle cost analysis and long term needs assessment for CSN facilities.
- Update the deferred maintenance data base with work completed by other areas within Facilities Management.
- Coordinate the deferred maintenance program and capital renewal needs with upcoming Planning and Construction projects and Technical Services projects.
- Research other institutions and national standards for life cycle costing and deferred maintenance issues.
- Identify comparable benchmarks by researching other institutions and national standards.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university andfive-years related professional experience and one-year comparable professional experience ora combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL, and HTML Editor.
- Ability to develop, implement and direct new programs and quality control efforts.
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and construction issues.
- Demonstrated skills in conception, management planning, organizing, program development, capital renewal and replacement strategies.
- Possess excellent electronic, written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty, staff, and college administrators.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary Starting Range
Administrative Faculty Grade D
$72,864 - $83,747
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date10/26/2019
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---303-South-Water-Street/Assisant-Director---Deferred-Maintenance_R0117741
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency