Ambassador, Asian-American/Pacific Islander Outreach
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Asian-American/Pacific Islander Outreach Ambassador on a Letter of Appointment with Benefits (LOB) contract works 36 hours a week, or the equivalent to 75% FTE, under the direction of the Manager for Recruitment and College Connections. This position is responsible for promoting outreach activities and initiatives to build sustainable, long-term community. The incumbent assists in developing on and off campus outreach; networks with community-based partners; and helps organize recruitment and engagement activities to attract, engage and support Asian-American/Pacific Islander students. The Ambassador serves as a liaison between student recruitment and student activities, and provides ongoing support in the research, planning, development, and implementation of programs and events that fosters a positive image of CSN in the surrounding Asian-American/Pacific Islander communities and among the CSN Asian-American/Pacific Islander student population. A six-month assessment of the position will occur to measure productivity and satisfaction.
- An Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university or current student in the process of completing a college degree and one year of relevant related professional experience.
- Knowledge of Asian-American/Pacific Islander and first generation communities, with demonstrated experience working with a diverse student and employee population including all identities, ethnicities, cultures and national origins.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Maintain strong knowledge of social media platforms and marketing techniques
In order to be considered position, please attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable)
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Ambassador--Asian-American-Pacific-Islander-Outreach_R0118115
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency