Adjunct Counseling Center Social Worker
Job Opening ID: 181523
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Dsa Central Administ
Department: Counseling Services
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/02/2019 12/16/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Temporary Job Opening
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), a unit within Student Life, is a multidisciplinary and multi-theoretical university counseling enter that services a diverse student body of over 48,000 students. CAPS provides culturally competent clinical services, outreach programming, and training opportunities.
Approximately 5,000 students each year receive individual clinical services at CAPS.
CAPS is seeking applicants for adjunct counseling positions that would be located either in our Central office or at specific schools/colleges on our campus. This is a 5-month temporary, part-time or full-time appointment. Starting date and hours are negotiable.
- Individual and group counseling (including clinical documentation time): 75%
- Crisis intervention: 10%
- Providing consultation to UM staff and faculty: 5%
- Clinical consultation and documentation 10%
- Master's or Doctoral degree in Social Work
- Licensed/license eligible in the State of Michigan
- Clinical experience with a college student/young adult population is required.
Hours per Week - 20 - 30
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
These are the criteria that the hiring team will be evaluating the candidate for
- Demonstrated competency and expertise in working clinically with college student/young adult populations.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency/work with diversity and difference in current professional role or professional-in-training role.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181523/adjunct_counseling_center_social_worker
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency