Administrative Assistant 1 / Administrative Assistant Trainee - Financial Aid
Job no: 494637
Position Type: Secretarial / Clerical
Office of Financial Aid
Administrative Assistant 1 / Administrative Assistant Trainee
Monday - Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
$41,130 (Admin. Asst. 1), Grade 11
$34,831 (Admin. Asst. 1 Trainee), Grade 8
To be eligible for this position, you must meet the minimum qualifications listed below.
SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant 1 / Administrative Assistant Trainee in the Financial Aid Office. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid; and is responsible for assisting the Financial Aid Office, faculty, staff, and all visitors to the Financial Aid Office by handling office tasks while providing polite and professional assistance. A successful candidate should be professional, polite, and attentive. They should always be prepared and responsive and willing to meet each challenge directly. The Administrative Assistant 1 / Administrative Assistant Trainee must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at communicating.
- Serves as the main clerical role to the Director of Financial Aid, the Associate Director of Financial Aid and the Financial Aid Office staff.
- Handles office tasks such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, answering telephone calls and re-routing questions as necessary.
- Is responsible for miscellaneous typing; including meeting minutes as directed and the maintenance of form letters and policy and procedures on the file server.
- Interviews, hires and supervises work-study students for the office.
- Completes travel arrangements and vouchers for staff such as reserving airfare, rental cars, and hotel reservations.
- Processes all purchase requisitions for the department: orders equipment, supplies, forms and maintains the corporate VISA card.
- Completes Inventory Reports for all equipment and supplies in the department.
- Orders all office supplies including water and completes repair requests for equipment.
- Processes all new hire paperwork.
- Completes room reservations and catering requests for Financial Aid Office or other Financial Aid related events.
- Manages all Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) Reduction Waiver processes.
- Processes time sheets, vacation requests and payroll distribution for all staff and student employees.
- Maintains the Financial Aid Office calendars.
- Fosters and maintains a positive work atmosphere and establishes rapport with co-workers in a manner that does not reinforce negative attitudes.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in an Administrative Assistant 1 NY State classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Assistant 1, Full Time - Brockport location.
The following candidates may be transfer eligible into the Administrative Assistant Traineeship (a two-phase, two-year promotional program into the Administrative Assistant 1 Salary Grade 11 title):
Office Assistant 1's who have completed one year in title are eligible to transfer to the Salary Grade 8 - Administrative Assistant Traineeship 1. (Non-Keyboarding titles will be required to take a typing test.)
Office Assistant 2's who have completed one year in title are eligible to transfer to the Salary Grade 8 - Administrative Assistant Traineeship 1 - will remain at the Salary Grade 9 pay. (Non-Keyboarding titles will be required to take a typing test.)
For full details on the Administrative Assistant Traineeship program, go to the following link: https://www.cs.ny.gov/ssd/Manuals/SPMM/GIBS/GIB19-07.cfm
Email Gloria Lear in the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Traineeship.
Experience working in a Financial Aid Office
Experience working in a college setting
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, one being a current supervisor, at jobs.brockport.edu by June 6, 2020.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/494637/administrative-assistant-1-administrative-assistant-trainee-financial-aid
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency